Keith Burke interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                            

A little introduction:

My name is Keith Burke, I grew up in Miami. I'm half Cuban and half Irish. I currently reside in Los Angeles for about 15 years after a brief stint in England for University. I've been a television producer for about 20 years and worked on shows such as Jersey Shore, the Amazing Race and Ex on the Beach. But my passion has always been literature and writing. I have finally taken the leap and written and published my first novel, the Last Goodbye. As for me personally, I am as sarcastic as they come but at the same time I treat everyone the way that I would hope to be treated. As an introvert I am a little shy and quiet when I make new friends but I'm always looking to make new connections. I've been with my partner Sam for 6 years and we moved into our first house together right smack in the middle of the pandemic, good times! 

                                        

When did your love of books begin?

As an introverted child and still very much an introverted adult, books have always been my sanctuary, a place where I could escape to whenever the world around felt overwhelming. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always wanted to be an author but something always seemed to get in the way. Whether that was because of work or fear of failure, depended on the day, really. As I have gotten a little bit older I have decided that it was time to throw caution to the wind and give writing a real shot.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Writing my first novel was very cathartic. I was going through quite a few things over the few years that it took me to write the story. Mourning the end of a relationship and embarking on a new one, among other things. Those years are when I feel that I truly figured out who I was and I think that is reflected in the story that I ended up wanting to tell. 

                                        

What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't be afraid to give it a shot. If you are passionate about your story then it deserves to be told. If I could speak to my younger self I would have tried to convince myself to start writing earlier in my life. It is never too late to strive for everything we want out of this life. 



Tell us about your book/books:

The Last Goodbye at its core is about the lengths we will go to for the ones that we love. As a hopeless romantic, there is nothing greater in the world than finding that person that makes you feel whole, that accepts you, flaws and all. And there is nothing more devastating than losing that person. I do not believe that there is only one person out there in the world for us but I do think there are certain people that come into our lives when we need them the most. 

Here is the blurb for the novel...
'When Jack met Jess it was love at first sight. They had their entire lives ahead of them, but it all came crashing down the day he died. And that's where their story begins.Eight years have passed and Jess is a shell of the woman she once was. For Jack, now her Guardian Angel, it is more than he can bear. Breaking divine law, Jack returns to Earth, possessing the body of a comatose man, to help Jess heal and move on with her life. However, Jess begins to fall for this familiar stranger, not realizing that it is her soulmate. But Jack has bigger problems: Because of his actions, the Gates of Heaven have closed. No souls can cross over until he returns. They remain trapped on Earth, in limbo. Will Jack return to Heaven to set things right, or will he choose to stay on Earth with Jess? With existence hanging in the balance, is he ready for the Last Goodbye?'



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I am new to the writing community but so far I have nothing but amazing things to say. Everyone that I have connected with has been so supportive and encouraging.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

To anyone that passes my way I would humbly ask to take a chance on a new writer, whether that be by reading my book, or offering to mentor someone that is eager to learn the business. And to any publishers or agents that may be looking for a diamond in the rough, I feel like I am just at the beginning of the next phase of my creative journey. 



Where can people connect with you?

my Twitter handle is @keithmburke

my Instagram handle is burkey07

Amazon link to my novel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown