Joey Webb interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                                                

A little introduction:

Joey Webb was born in the mountains of Appalachia in Hazard, Kentucky. A lifelong fan of horror and science fiction, he began writing religiously from an early age. Joey also writes poetry and has appeared in and directed several low budget independent films



When did your love of books begin?

My love for books started fairly early on when my elementary school had Scholastic Book Fairs. My favorites were the “Choose your own adventure” books. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never really considered being an author until I read several books by local authors from my hometown. My teachers had encouraged my creativity, but seeing others my age and from the same area as me gave me the confidence to finally try my hand at being an author in my early 30s. 



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming an author, like any other profession has had some challenges, most notably getting the word out about my books without the backing of a major publisher. I have found it extremely rewarding when I receive messages from people who are fans of my work and who take an interest in characters and stories. It has been a humbling experience but a very rewarding one, nonetheless. 



Tell us about your book/books:

I have two books of short stories. One is called “Gory Stories” and contains 20 short stories with diverse subjects like vampires, werewolves, zombies, cryptids and serial killers. The second book of short stories is called “Pleasant Screams” and while mostly horror as well, has more of a science fiction flavor to many of the stories. The Blood Brothers Saga is my series about two brothers, one a werewolf on the side of law and order and the other a vampire devoted to an afterlife of crime. Their battles begin in the Old West of America in the late 19th century in book one. Book two sees the Murdoch brothers continuing their feud in 1920's Prohibition era Chicago. Book three is set in the glitz and grime of 1980s Los Angeles. The climactic fourth book takes place on several planets and outer space in the late 21st century.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the camaraderie of the writing community. Other authors are generally receptive to both giving and receiving constructive criticism. My readers are extremely loyal and enthusiastic about their favorite books and characters. While all fandoms have their share of toxicity, I have been lucky to have had 99.9% positive interactions with both my peers and my readers. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for years of support and stay tuned! The best is yet to come. 



Where can people connect with you?

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/jwebbauthor

Twitter @AuthorJoeyWebb

IG: authorjoeywebb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview