Ho Boon Sim interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

​I'm Boon from Singapore, 34 and single. 
Currently, I'm part-timing as a food delivery rider.



When did your love of books begin?

When I was around 25, I went to a book fair with my then-girlfriend.
One of the books that caught my eye was "Anyone Can Do It" by Duncan Bannatyne.
I was a fan of Dragons' Den, so I knew who Duncan was. 
In the end, I bought the book. Page by page, I just couldn't stop. 
I think that was when my love of books begin. 
After that, I frequently visit book fairs to get books on discounts.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was around 2 years ago. I was on the train home from work.
Some ideas came, and I just put them down on my phone. 
I didn't start off wanting to be an author. 
I was writing down notes on how I can improve my finances.
Then it hit me, why not write a book and help others too?
So I started writing. 



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

To be honest, I dived right in without any plan. I just wanted to write about what I knew.
After a while, I realized I am taking it seriously, so I did some research about writing books.
I wouldn't say it's an easy road, but I enjoyed the learning process throughout.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't put too much thought into whether you will complete a book, or could you get it published.
If you have a story to share, start writing. 
Taking the first step is scary, but exciting at the same time!



Tell us about your book/books:

My book is called "Money in Your Twenties: Make or Break", published with Amazon KDP.
The book is about how I changed my habits, and pull myself out of a financial pit.
I wasn't financially smart back then, and I believe this is an issue for a lot of younger people.
I would be happy if my book could inspire society to be more financially responsible.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is very helpful, and positive. 
Positivity is an energy to be passed around.
I really appreciate it when anyone welcomes me into their community!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

First and foremost, (if I had any readers at all) a big thank you!
I genuinely hope to help you change your financial habits by sharing my past experiences.



Where can people connect with you?

They can email me at he.who.writes@outlook.com.
They can also can me on Twitter (@_HeWhoWrites_), anyone can follow and DM!
I also have a website that is relatively newly constructed, but here: https://he-who-writes.wixsite.com/ho-boon-sim


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview