Georgia Hill interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for having me on. I’m delighted to be here. I’m Georgia Hill and I live in the south-west of England, near the sea, with my husband and two dogs. 


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve always loved reading. As a child I aways had my nose stuck in a book, even when walking home from school! It’s a joy which has carried me into adulthood and I love reading timeslip and dual narrative romance, social history and biography.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always written; diaries, holiday journals, some really bad poetry! Back in 2004 a period drama aired on the BBC called North and South. I became obsessed by it, joined a fan forum and began writing fan fic. After the book had been revised and heavily edited, it became my first novel. It was taken up by a small indie digi-first press and everything happened from there.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s the best job in the world! Instead of getting lost in a book written by someone else, I now lose myself in a world I create. I love it. I’m now lucky enough to write full-time and although there are aspects of the job that I enjoy less than others, I adore telling myself the story in my first draft. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read widely, network like crazy, develop an online presence, go on courses, take a notebook everywhere, write what you love rather than follow the market and, above all, persevere!


Tell us about your book/books:

I write warm-hearted and up-lifting contemporary and timeslip romances about love, the power and joy in being an eccentric oldie and finding yourself and your community. There's always a dog. It's usually a naughty spaniel of which, unfortunately, I’ve had much experience! My books are firmly rooted in small seaside towns similar to the one I live in, and I love history. My latest book is all about when GIs were billeted in Devon and Dorset in the UK during WW2 and the impact they had.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I couldn’t do without my network of writing pals. During lockdown we Zoomed a lot, and one particular group held my hand throughout writing this latest book. Romance writers are an especially supportive bunch. I’ve recently discovered the world of the wonderfully enthusiastic book bloggers – they share because they genuinely love books and reading. My kind of people!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I’d say an enormous thank you. If I didn’t have my lovely, loyal readers I wouldn’t be able to do this dream of a job. 


Where can people connect with you?

I love to hear from readers! Get in touch.

Twitter @georgiawrites

Facebook georgiahillauthor

Instagram georgiahill5681

Website www.georgiahill.co.uk

Email georgiawrites@icloud.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview