Emma Merrell interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Emma Merrell is a happily married woman and the mother of a wonderful little girl. She is currently residing in the Sooner State, but Seattle is the place that she calls home. 

While growing up Emma was a voracious reader. Her love of books led her to try writing stories of her own. Most of those stories currently reside in a shoe box, buried in the back of a coat closet.

Emma is drawn to writing novels with liberal dashes of romance and a sprinkle of the supernatural. She is also a sucker for writing bad boys, but in her world, they don't always get the girl. She prefers her heroine to be a strong-willed girl, the kind that doesn't sit around waiting for the white knight to save them.



When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was a very little girl and fully blossomed when I became a teenager. I read anything and everything that I could get my hands on, and I found that I needed the escape that they provided me with.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I remember starting my first novel (which will never again see the light of day) when I was around twelve years old. I looked up to so many of the authors that I was reading at the time and I wanted to be just like them, and to give readers that same escape.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found that the process for becoming an author is difficult, but rewarding. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, and really hard on myself, so it is hard for me to be satisfied with much of what I write. Yet, when I hear good feedback from my beta readers I start to think that maybe there is a future for me in writing after all.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read, read, read. Read as widely and as varied as possible. Also, please do not judge yourself to harshly, simply writing a book is an amazing accomplishment.



Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel, The Vampire’s Secret, is a paranormal young-adult romance served up with plenty of action and intrigue. Our heroine, Virginia, is kidnapped and turned into a vampire. She finds herself in a cutthroat new world, where she must adapt or die. The only thing keeping her sane through the transition is Aiden, a mercurial young vampire who becomes her guide. It all goes wrong when Virginia uncovers a deep betrayal, setting her on a path of revenge and violence. Fans of The Vampire Diaries, Veronica Mars, and L.J. Smith will enjoy this one.

My second novel, Cursed, is an adult/new adult fantasy, centered on a set of twins who find themselves swept away to a mysterious new kingdom where they must do what it takes to survive. Luce must find her way in the prince’s harem, and her only hope of freedom is to win the prince’s heart. Jude, her brother, joins the resistance and fights to tear down the system that keeps his sister in a cage. Fans of The Selection and The Shannara Chronicles will find a lot to like.

                                                    

What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The thing that I love most about these communities is how supportive and welcoming they are. There is a lot of passion for books on both sides and it is so easy to see.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would tell my readers how grateful I am for them, and that I try to create an amazing experience for them with each book I write.



Where can people connect with you?

People can find me online in many different places:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/emamerrell

Website: http://emmamerrell.weebly.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8511791.Emma_Merrell

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Emma-Merrell/e/B00N70R1NE/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview