Drusilla Carr interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Drusilla Carr. I live on an island. I`m passionate about History. I like ballet and opera. Favourite dog Border Collie.   After a lifetime writing for traditional publishing houses I have started writing for Amazon and have 4books to my name.  Currently I am writing A Regency Romance and loving every minute of it.


When did your love of books begin?

From the first time my Mother read and told stories I was completely hooked, a love that has never diminished. I could read  by the time I was five.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

About the same time. According to a very old friend I was five when I told her I was going to be  a writer.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The most wonderful experience. I consider myself so lucky to have realised my dream at an early age and have been privileged to have had a long life devoted to it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

You have to be tough Take the rejections and come out fighting. Don`t waste any time being sorry for yourself. When the rejection arrives send it out again not in a few days or weeks but immediately.


Tell us about your book/books:

Where shall I begin? Under a variety of pseudonmys I have written romances ,detective stories, short stories educational books. I have 4books on Amazon. “Beyond the Wire” A true story of WW2. I chanced to meet a brave old lady who had survived occupation, deportation and imprisonment and I was so moved by her story I knew I had to write it and that led me to go further and research the life of her amazing father. hyperurl.co/BeyondtheWire “Amigo” Short Stories. The greatest fun to write but challenging too. I don`t know why so many people are reluctant to read short stories. They have it all. The perfect shape beginning, middle and end. Ten stories in “Amigo”to make you laugh and cry. hyperurl.co/Amigo “Ring of Secrecy” The ring of marriage, The ring of the Secret Service. Two people in love and both with secrets. Romantic. Funny. Surprising hyperurl.co/RingofSecrecy


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It`s wonderful to share with like-minded people a great love of books and the hopes and dreams of other writers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

On behalf of myself and all those hard-working writers out there please dear reader when you read our work leave a review. It need not be in words stars would be wonderful. Every writer needs this support.


Where can people connect with you?

@drusillaCarr5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview