Denis McCarthy - interview 3

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 3


How did it feel when you finished writing your book?

It felt like relief but also frustration for finishing it. I wanted to start writing again immediately. Luckily this was the first book of a trilogy, so I started writing the second book immediately. 


How do you feel when your book is going through the editing phase? 

Painful, disappointed. It's like getting your tooth extracted. You know you should have looked after it better, but are now paying the price for not. 


You get a front cover for your book, it must be starting to feel more real now but that surely brings about a lot of emotions?

Yes but these are excitement. Seeing the cover of my book makes me feel that I have completed what I have set out to do. To tell the story.  I often look at the cover for hours and just go through the story in my head again. Then the questions come again. Once the cover relates to the story, I'm happy. 


Your book has now got to ARC stage and it's out with some readers now, how do you feel?

Nervous but also impatient. I like feedback, good or bad.  I see it as part of my growth as a writer. I've written on self-published book. I don't expect to be the finished article. Is any writer the finished article?


You now have everything ready to go and a release date set, how does it feel?

Sheer excitement. To get that date when your book is published, is like a door opening, with me not knowing what's on the other side. It's like going to a party with guests you've never met, not knowing how you will be received. What a great feeling.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview