C.P. Daly interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                            

A little introduction:

I have a passion for reading and writing. My reading tastes are an eclectic mix of thrillers, mysteries, romance, and the occasional fantasy novel.

I have written three novels in The Kelsey Woods trilogy: Dead After MidnightDead Before Sunrise and soon to be released Dead Days Ahead. This last book will complete The Kelsey Woods Trilogy.

My current work-in-progress will fall under the thriller genre as well, it will be a stand-alone novel. I'm very excited about this book, it takes place in my home province of Nova Scotia, Canada.



When did your love of books begin?

My favorite books growing up were Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, and of course Anne of Green Gables. They sparked a love of reading in me that would last a life time. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was growing up, I thought authors lived in exotic places., with extraordinary lives. It never occurred to me, a girl from a small city in the Eastern Canada could ever write books. I was a late bloomer to say the least. I didn't start writing and taking classes until I was in my thirties.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I am enjoying the process. I stay in my own lane, and work at my own pace. I put the work in, stay positive, and don't compare myself to other authors. 



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Take classes, write, read and do it all over again. You will learn something new every day, be a cheerleader to other writers. They will be a great resource and support for you. 



Tell us about your book/books:

I write what I like to call easy reader mystery/thrillers. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I appreciate my author friendships. They have come to be a great support for me. Authors are very supportive of one another, it's a wonderful community to be a part of. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

With the thousands of books out there, I'm so happy you took a chance on mine. I want to thank anyone who has taken the time to read my books. I love writing them, and do my best to entertain you. I hope that every book I write will be better than the one before it. 



Where can people connect with you?

I love hearing from readers. It's special when they take time out of their busy day to send me an email.


Author Page: bit.ly/cp-daly
Twitter:  @CP_Daly
Facebook Page:  @cpdalyauthor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview