Brian Herskowitz interview 2

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 2


First of all welcome back for another interview with Feed My Reads as our community really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.


So, our first question is who is your writing hero?

There are so many. Growing up it was James Clavell and Shogun, but I also loved fantasy and sci-fi. Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Madelien L'Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Author Canon Doyle. In my teens I discoverd Stephen King, and I loved reading the Harry Potter series to my kids.



Which book or books would you say influenced you the most on your writing journey?

Certainly Stephen King's work. The Stand and The Dark Tower series.



If you could choose one book by someone else that you wish you had written then which would it be and why?

I would have to say The Stand. It is such an epic story both in size and scope, but it doesn't forego character development for plot. I think it is a masterpiece.



Who have been your biggest supporters during your writing career to date and what would you like to say to them?

Hand's down it is friends and family. They not only gave me wonderful support, but helped me with every aspect of the book from writing to reading and reviewing.



We all know how important reviews are to authors so if you could speak directly to them what would you say about reviewing books they read?

Other than "please give my book a read..." I don't know that I'd say anything. I have to believe that the book stands on it's own as an engaging read and whatever the reviewer things about it is out of my control. It's getting past that first hurdle of getting it into their hands and having them read the book that seems to me to be the most difficult piece of the puzzle. 

So, I stand by my initial statement, I would ask them to give the book a read.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview