Ashley Greathouse interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about me. I'm kind of an odd soul. 
I write dark and twisted stories, but in my day-to-day life, I'm a chicken who has a hard time sitting through a horror movie or sleeping without a nightlight. Am I an adult? I question that daily. 



When did your love of books begin?

I had a connection to books from a young age, but you'll have that when your dad is an avid comic book collector and illustrator. My earliest memory regarding a story book was of me waddling my way through the hallway, my favorite book in hand, and interrupting my dad's D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) campaign. I begged him to read the story to me one more time, to which he gently grabbed me up, sat me on his knee - as I smiled menacingly towards his friends because he chose me over them - and I watched has he flipped open the book. He cleared his throat, began the tale with the famous line of, "once upon a time" and then quickly closed the book, adding "the end, now off to bed." My love never truly died, but did dwindle out through my adolescent years. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I'd say once I realized that I would rather work for myself than for any company who viewed me as a replaceable cog. However, what twenty-year-old hasn't gone through that phase? Once I reached my thirties, and realized that most author's don't make all the big bucks I once thought, I took the dream more seriously with no expectations other than getting the stories out of my head and into book form. 



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Through chaos, that's when I thrive. 



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write because you want to write. You'd be surprised how far pure passion will take you. 



Tell us about your book/books:

My work is not for the faint of heart. I primarily write psychological horror/thriller, manipulating my fears and insecurities until I create a story that will leave readers pondering for days to come. Of course, that's not my mission while developing these tales, it has been a noted response from those who dip their toes inside my mind.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

That it is continuing to grow daily. Together, we have created so much, all because of our bond for the love we have of books. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love you all so much. I might have delivered stories to you that you've adored, or could have lived without, but what your support has given me is something I could never repay.



Where can people connect with you?

At Greathousehorrors.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview