Alexandra Beaumont interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As soon as I could read - and I was often caught scribbling stories in the back of math workbooks throughout school.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

As soon as I stopped wanting to be an adventuring archaeologist at about 8.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Surprising! There was a lot I didn’t know and a lot I would like to tell about to be debut authors if I could share the secrets of the strange world of publishing. Though I am also sure I haven’t learnt everything through my journey with a small press.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Speak to as many debut authors as you can about their experiences. Also keep reading and improving your craft. Get feedback on your work and above all, keep it fun! Write what you enjoy and let your imagine run wild. Don’t let it become a chore, especially in the early days of writing. If it is making you miserable then it’s probably time to take a break. A lot of people find the first foray into submitting their work all consuming and stressful.



Tell us about your book/books:

My debut book is a fantasy based on Tudor astrology, turning it into a religion. It follows the tale of a reluctant star cultist fighting for freedom as mysterious dangers threaten the settlement and divisive politics create a vicious civil war with the stars at the heart of them. TESTAMENT OF THE STARS has Romeo and Juliet vibes and Neil Gaiman‘s Stardust similarities. It can be found on Amazon and Smashwords.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the supportive nature of everyone - no-one is jealous or vindictive. Everyone wants you to succeed! 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I’d say get ready, as I’ve only just started and I've got a lot exciting projects either complete or in the works. I’ve built a fun and unusual world and magic system for my current project.



Where can people connect with you?

I’m most active on Twitter and my handle is @ABeaumontWriter. I also have a contact form on my website: https://abeaumont75.wixsite.com/home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Francessca Bella interview