Alessia Saint interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                                        

A little introduction:

Ciao to the Feed My Reads Community!!

My name is Alessia Saint and I'm from Long Island, New York. I'm excited to be a part of this community and learn and share from everyone here!



When did your love of books begin?

As a child, I completely related to the Neverending Story (am I aging myself? Lol) and would always cozy up with a good book and imagine myself on all different types of adventures. My parents even reminded me that some of my play dates would be me and my friend sitting on the lawn and reading together (I don't think much has changed though of what an ideal fun day would be!)



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I had never thought of actually writing a book though. I loved to read, but never actually created stories until I studied abroad and fell in love. The way our story unfolded was kind of magical and unique that many of friends would joke and say I needed to write a book about it. I had started, almost as a joke to myself, to write something ten years ago, but just left it after I got 30 pages in. But, like most people, when the pandemic started, I decided to write again and this time I literally couldn't stop!



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I was completely clueless to what it took to actually publish a book from start to finish, but thanks to Twitter, the writing community, and all of my Twitter friends, I was able to successfully self publish my first book!



Tell us about your book/books:

Juliet in Verona takes place in the same gorgeous city where Romeo and Juliet takes place in Northern Italy. Between the delicious food, yummy gelato, and exciting adventures, Juliet is hoping to also spread her wings and truly find out what she wants to be in life. Things get complicated when she develops feelings for her best friend Matt but then also has a connection with Giacomo, an Italian student that lives in the same apartment building as her. Watch as she tries to navigate love and gelato in the magical city of Verona!



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

With all of the craziness going on in the world, I have used books now, more than ever, to escape to so I could imagine as if I was actually there. This book will do just that- you will feel as if you were 21 again, in Italy, surrounded by gelato and friends while you have every opportunity still in front of you!



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

There are family recipes at the back of the book too and if you want more info, you can visit my website Alessiasaint.com, where there is even a video to help with your Italian pronunciationof names and words mentioned throughoutthe book! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on it!



Where can people connect with you?

On Twitter - https://twitter.com/alessia_saint


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview