T.L. Humphrey interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Kindergarten. I’ve always loved stories and even at that young age, I would pretend I was a character in those books.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

High School. I started writing stories then. I was heavily influenced by Clinch Novels (Romance) and devoured them whenever I had a chance. I also enjoyed Fantasy, some science fiction, mystery, and pretty much anything really.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Well, for my first book, I went with a self-publisher that I regretted using. If you are starting out, do your research and don’t shell out big bucks as I did. But even though I regretted it, I’m still glad it happened so that I could use it as a learning experience. I rectified it and now that book is published under the same place where the rest of my books are. Now that I have that situated, the process is more streamlined and easier. Finding a great cover designer has also helped.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it! Get your story, polish it up, get some readers to critique you (many will do this for free and give feedback) find your writing niche. You don’t have to stick with one genre, write what you want. And whether you wish to go self-pub or find an agent, it is your own preference. Choose whichever suits your needs the best and don’t let anyone coerce you into anything you feel uncomfortable doing.

Write what you want. Write for yourself, have fun, and don’t be afraid to jump. And more importantly, Write On!


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book, Katie’s Kottage, Book One of Katie’s Journey, was originally a short story. I wrote 5k words and I was going to submit it to a magazine looking for a story without an ending. I had a friend read it and at the end, she looked at me and said, “Where’s the rest of it?” I told her there wasn’t anymore and she told me there was. It got me thinking; what if there was more? So, I worked on chapter two and from there, I wrote eight books total and two companion books. Right now, Katie’s Kottage, Katie’s Kourt, Katie’s Konundrum, and Alina’s Alliance, Companion book to Katie’s Journey, are available now.

And in January (unsure of the day yet), Shalia’s Spirit, Companion book to the Katie’s Journey series will be released followed by the next three Katie’s Journey books.

Katie is a 25yo woman who buys a secluded cottage in the forest. She then meets her two hot neighbors, gets kidnapped, meets her best friend… and learns everything she thought only existed in movies and TV is real.

I also just released A Vampire’s Love, Book one of the Honor, Love, and Courage Series. This was originally just three books, but a supporting character just got his own book.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

So, especially on Twitter, everyone is supportive. It doesn’t matter what you write, if you need help tweaking a sentence, or have a question on correct punctuation or whatever you need, everyone will jump in with suggestions, ideas, and pointers. It is a community of support and it’s nice to have. And everyone out there has been through or experienced something, so no matter your question, someone knows something and can offer advice or resources.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please leave a review! Read a lot and often. Don’t pigeonhole yourself with one genre. Take that leap, that chance in a new read, and you’ll be surprised at just what you will find.


Where can people connect with you?

https://twitter.com/TLHumphrey3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview