Tanweer Dar interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Tanweer Dar. I live in Birmingham in the UK, and I’m an indie author, artist and poet.


When did your love of books begin?

In my teenage years I really got into comic books and then both Science Fiction and fantasy. That was really my route into books and reading. I also studied history (I have a degree in history), and that involved lots of reading which I immensely enjoyed (both in terms of written history but also in the myths and legends and stories of old).


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Probably in my early twenties, when I wrote and published my first books (poetry and fantasy).


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been extremely enjoyable, especially being a part of the highly active and supportive writing community on Twitter. Because I self-publish, the process hasn’t been too daunting or laborious, but marketing is a challenge!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it! If it’s what you really want to do, then you’ll regret not giving it a go. Just bear in mind that it takes a lot of time and dedication to write a book. And be realistic about publishing your book and sales.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have quite a few books published: my most recent one is In the Heart of the Void, a science-fiction horror story set in space. I have also written three Cyberpunk (my main genre) books: The Demon (a dark vigilante thriller), Neon Nightmares (a collection of short stories) and The Man With No Name (a fast-paced dystopian action story). I also have published poetry: Blackbird (a collection of sonnets featuring my own pencil artwork) and 99 Breaths of a Borderline (quatrains expressing thoughts and feelings of a BPD sufferer). For these and other books, please visit my website to find out more.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Just how eclectic and supportive it is! It is filled with the most wonderful, imaginative and thoughtful people. It’s really a great community to be a part of.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you! Thank you so much for reading my work, and for taking the time to live through the stories and poetry I felt inspired to write. It means the world to me.


Where can people connect with you?

They can visit my website: www.tanweerdar.com and also follow me on twitter: @Tanweer_Dar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview