T. P. A. Wulfric interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I'm going to be honest, as a kid, I was a gamer, but I did write stuff that kids write with crayons and pencils. Also, my mom didn't read to us when we were kids, so. Reading didn't truly grab me until later in elementary school. Box Car Children, Hardy Boys, Goosebumps, Fright Night initially made me intrigued about reading. That bomb belongs to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone if I'm gonna borrow a clichéd answer.But truly, Goosebumps, Fright Night series and other works kept me going too.They were simple, and they kept me turning the pages.I can appreciate linguistics but the Hobbit put me to sleep, and the Rings books (popular answers I've seen) never truly grabbed me until my teens.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Honestly...it wasn't until I realized that people weren't contracted to make them. I didn't really know how it all worked to be honest.Did the government have people do it? Is that why the propaganda stuff told us to like milk?Poop thoughts of a teenager who begins to learn to rebel after realizing he's dealt with trauma.It wasn't until I was about 14 or 15 and my aunt wrote some random note in a Eragon book that Paolini did it at my age that I was like "Wait a minute...I could do that, can't I?"And then I had a giant nightmare that involved a war of vampires and vivid scene popped up in my head. I blame a late night where the lady who helped watch us kids while my dad was underway in the military, has us watching Interview with a Vampire with Tom Cruise.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Since I don't have adults personally who know what I'm doing, or how it works...lots and lots of internet browsing and I kinda hyper fixate a little too much.It's been iritating without someone saying "here, let me help you". Like most things in my life, I've had to figure it out on my own.Lots of YT, too, for the recent world of publishing.It's been a trip, and a migraine at the same time.However, when you see a book, in front of you, whether you made it, or someone did it for you (a press), it feels great.Even if no one around you (personally, meaning me), really knows how it works or what you are doing. Even I still go "how the hell did I do any of this?"


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do you like suffering? Because that's how you suffer.You like punishing yourself don't you?It can be gratifying as hell, and amazing, and therautic and a little heavily Indulgent. But it rocks and you have to want it more than you can breathe.One of the biggest fights of your life involves becoming an author. Meaning, finishing. Bloody finishing. That. Is. Hard.I mean it. No bloody unicorn, no wizard named Gandalf, or Hagrid (Harry's true first friend), will show you anything. If you manage to find people? Luckiest mother fucker in the world, and I applaud you.


Tell us about your book/books:

Hahahahahaha. You like punishing me don't you?They're dark fantasy (so far), and I plan to genre bend too.Call em non binary if you want, or blender Clusters.I tend to have found the horror niche fun.I dabble in multiple genres and flavors.The current series is about a bunch of kid anti heroes, in which one in particular, Peter, is the one dangerously on the verge of Super hero, yet, he's still more of an anti hero.An ensemble cast of characters, and the theme of trauma and healing from it, and not letting it choose who you are, not letting yourself become the pain, rides through the stories.Lots of blood, jokes, teenage antics, theater drama, kingdoms, demons, sexy stuff aka talking hell hounds/cats, crazy weirdness.Currently working on books 3 and 4, published Catalyst of War and The Spear of Destiny which is part of Crimson Knightfall Volume One.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Just about everything. Diversity and unity, support and empowerment with all sorts of individuals from many walks of life.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please buy my books and share them, love them, take a shit with them on the toilet if you want, leave reviews.Okay, okay, I love you all, and want to hug you all( from a distance, if you are covid sensitive).Okay, okay, I'll be real, I hope you guys continue to connect to the works I do, I wrote them for my inner teen, and you.All of you. Hell, if I remember correctly, they're also dedicated to you guys.


Where can people connect with you?

Here on Twitter with my handle @TPAWulfric or Tpawsplayground my YTube channel.ORRR. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT MY BUSINESS EMAIL, that's right! Tpa-wulfric1991@tpawsplayground.com. questions, book interviews, signings. Hell, got art you want to share?Lemme know!Connect to me. I'll read it all, see it all.Wuv ya! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown