Stacy Hawks interview 2

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 2


First of all welcome back for another interview with Feed My Reads as our community really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.


So, our first question is who is your writing hero?

I admire many writers, but Stephen Ambrose is at the top of my list as well as Jan Morris. Their takes on American history and figures like Lewis & Clarke & Abraham Lincoln are very detailed & well researched. For fictional reading I love Steve Berry, his Cotton Malone series is always great to dive into, and like Dan Brown, he merges history and fiction very well. 


Which book or books would you say influenced you the most on your writing journey?

Tom Dooley A Wilkes County Legend by Karen Reynolds. The way she told the story in a fictional way but still utilizing primary resources is what inspired my own book.


If you could choose one book by someone else that you wish you had written then which would it be and why?

Team of Rivals by Dorris Kearns Goodwin. I admire the way she put that book together, explaining each and every one of Lincoln’s cabinet members, their differences, their similarities, & their ability to overcome obstacles to work together for the better of the country throughout his administration.


Who have been your biggest supporters during your writing career to date and what would you like to say to them?

My friends, family, team members, and of course my readers and listeners of the podcast. Without them my books would not be available, nor would I have met so many amazing authors. I would say thank you for sharing your stories and for being a great support to not just me but to other writers out there.


We all know how important reviews are to authors so if you could speak directly to them what would you say about reviewing books they read?

Thank you for reviewing. Any time a reader takes a moment to review my book(s) I am thankful because that meant they also took time to read the story. It’s really appreciated. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview