Rosy Gee interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Rosy Gee and I have been writing for as long as I can remember. A love of the English language and books has helped me along on my writing journey and I am passionate about the craft.


When did your love of books begin?

I have loved books for as long as I can remember and think it stems from my parents reading to me as a child.  In turn, I read to my daughter, with Roald Dahl books being her favourite bedtime stories.  Today, there is such a wonderful choice of books available for children of all ages, I sometimes wish I could go back to my childhood to enjoy all the amazing books currently out there.  There was no such thing as The Gruffalo or The Hungry Caterpillar when I was growing up!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming an author these days is pretty straightforward because self-publishing has never been easier.  You can publish a book on Amazon in a few easy steps or you can employ a professional to take the leg work out of the process.  Also, there are no end of publishers willing and able to help.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want to become an author, it takes hard work and dedication.  You must be passionate about your writing and work hard to get it out there to a wider audience, otherwise, you will fall at the first hurdle.  Publishing is the first step; marketing is the next.  You have to be tenacious and consistent and above all, you must believe in yourself.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book, A Collection of Poetry Sprinkled with Some Short Stories, is available on Amazon: click here to find out more -  

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LVHVDB8   

This collection of poems and short stories has been crafted by drawing on emotions, senses and memories in equal measure, to give the reading experience great depth. A cinematic portrayal of places in time drawn from personal experiences, where the poetry and storytelling shines from every page. Getting lost in a short story that transports you to a mystical, magical place can be cathartic and I hope you enjoy the journey that I have created for you in this collection of my work.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love having the support of other writers in the writing community and there is always somebody out there to help and guide you. There are some very kind people in this world and I am fortunate to have met my fair share of them.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I am so grateful to all my readers, subscribers and followers who make it all worthwhile and I will be forever indebted to them for their kindness and loyalty.


Where can people connect with you?

You can connect with me at Rosy's Ramblings here - https://rosygee.substack.com

and coming soon, I will be reading the podcasts myself, so it's an exciting time to join. Don't forget to subscribe so that you don't miss out. I hope I can welcome you aboard as soon as possible.  Don't delay, sign up today!  

 

You can also connect with me on Medium: rosygee345.medium.com  and LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosy-gee-a4697a212 and on Twitter:   https://twitter.com/RosyGee345                 

 

Take care and good luck with your writing,



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview