Rob Samborn interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Rob Samborn is the author of The Prisoner of Paradise, a new thriller set in Venice, Italy, published by TouchPoint Press. The Prisoner of Paradise is Rob's debut novel. It released on Nov. 30, 2021 to stellar advance reviews and was a finalist in the American Writing Awards. He's represented by Brower Literary & Management and lives in Denver, Colorado with his wife, daughter and dog.


When did your love of books begin?

I wish I could remember. I've always had a great love of not just books, but stories, in all their formats - books, movies, TV, audio, comics, you name it. I'm drawn to fascinating characters wrapped up in incredible stories.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've been writing stories since I was a kid but my desire to become an author started about six or seven years ago. I'm also a screenwriter and The Prisoner of Paradise was first written as a script. At one point it was optioned by a production company founded by DreamWorks execs. After the option reverted back to me, I decided to adapt the script into a novel.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a very, very long road, especially coming from screenwriting. But it's also remarkably rewarding and I love it. The process of converting a script to a book enabled the story and characters to grow organically in ways that I never originally envisioned. It has also organically become a series. I have a three-book deal with TouchPoint Press. Book 2 will be published in the fall of 2022.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Learn the craft and learn the publishing industry. Neither can be mastered so learn as much as you can.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Prisoner of Paradise is a thriller blended with historical fiction and fantasy, in which a man on the brink of insanity traverses present-day and Renaissance Venice to save his soul mate from a most unusual purgatory. It's the intrigue of Dan Brown's thrillers meshed with the time-spanning love story of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support and camaraderie is remarkable. I've met many authors who are now very good friends. A rising tide lifts all boats so we all support each other.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'm grateful for everybody who gives my book a chance. I know readers are bombarded with a million different choices, plus there are thousands of other entertainment options that are not books. I'm blown away when someone chooses to spend a number of hours in a story of my invention. That said, once you start, you'll get lost in it (or so I've heard).



Where can people connect with you?

People can sign up for my newsletter at [http://www.robsamborn.com,]http://www.robsamborn.com, my Twitter, IG and TikTok handles are @RobSamborn, and my Facebook author page is RobSambornAuthor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview