Ray A. Price interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I have always been drawn to compelling stories. From books, cartoons, video games, etc story really does drive any narrative. So from an early age, I loved classic stories like The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella. Overtime starting in the 5th grade is when I started to write my own adventures.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The dream of becoming an author started in high school. And at the time it was just a dream for me. I never really thought that one day it would become a reality. I knew that it wasn’t easy at the time to become a profitable author so I set my sights on furthering my academic studies.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process is a blast. I love being an author. My love for creating stories feels like a fire right now. I write children’s stories so knowing that a child is reading or hearing my stories is really an emotional experience because my stories could inspire someone to write their own one day.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The world needs stories. If you have that idea or story you always wanted to tell, write it. Put it on paper. You don’t have to publish it or share it but write it.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have written two books so far. My first book published in 2020 was Build with Bricks. It is a Pigquel to The Three Little Pigs. My first picture book and it’s a take on a classic story that was influential to me growing up. It was also a story I wrote for my daughter. She inspired me to publish in the first place. My latest picture book My Brother is a Werewolf release December 21st 2021. It’s about a girl name Brie who really wants a puppy but due to an accident turns her little brother into a werewolf. Both books are available in ebook and physical formats.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support. There are some really great people in the community. They will offer you support emotion support which is just as important as feedback.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for picking up my book. A team of great and talented people helped put this book together and we all are thankful you choose to read it.


Where can people connect with you?

People can get in touch with me on Twitter @raymondaprice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview