M. Marie Walker interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hey everyone, my name is M. Marie Walker, I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, and have been married for 14 years now. I enjoy family time, nature walks and definitely a huge Marvels and wrestling fanatic. I graduated in creative writing, but other than that, I am a genuine self taught writer who loves the gift she has been given. 


When did your love of books begin?

Honestly, my thirst for books arose at a young age (around age 10 or 11). My mom used to have me and my siblings sit around her as she told us made up stories. We hung onto her every word. After that, I was a goner. I started asking her to buy me books and I would read and read. That thirst has never really gone away, to this day.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Well, I started writing around age 15, but my desire to become an author emerged around age 21. Writing has always been a favorite pastime and escape for me, and at some point between age 15 and 21, I wanted to share my creations with anyone who would read it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm laughing right now because I knew it would be work, but it can be overwhelming at times. The amount of time, patience and discipline it takes is daunting, but so worth it. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Not gonna lie, it's hard work, frustrating, and time-consuming. If this is something you crave, if you're passionate about your craft, if the stories in your head are screaming at you to share their world with others, then don't stop. Keep going until you reach your goal. If I can become an author after 20+ years of self doubt, fear of criticism, and being the introvert of introverts, then believe me, you can too!


Tell us about your book/books:

My House Series, Book 1 is my first published book. It's been out a little over 8 months now, and it still feels surreal. It's  contemporary fiction that tells a story about a man, Mike Harmon, who is a successful business owner, eldest of two younger siblings, Marlon and MyIesha, and currently in a failing marriage with his, now, separated wife, Jakyra. It's complicated to say the least. After a year, Jakyra returns, but not without conflict... conflict that could have been avoided if Mike hadn't lied in the first place. He deals with anger issues, childhood trauma, and denied alcohol abuse. It's full of messy drama, lol. 
It is part of a 7-book series, and I am currently working on book 2, which breaks down into the individual characters beginning with Mike & Jakyra. It's a love triangle/soulmate type story that I can't wait to be released.
** Bonus** I also have a book on Wattpad, The Basement. It's my first Wattpad and I am excited about the feedback that I have gotten thus far. Here's a quick description:
 Conner's childhood was far from normal. From abuse to juvenile detention, his life has been more than rough, but he fought his way to adulthood and made a life for himself-- not without sacrifice. When his past and his present collide, he will do anything to hold on to what he has.... THEY will do anything to hold on to what he has, but his dark past refuses to let him go...


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the fact that the writing community is a mixture of all different types of creatives supporting, helping, and connected to one another. I have never been a part of something so authentic, and the reading community is just as wonderful to me. They are dedicated, and just as supportive. I love the very nature of these two communities and the way we entwine, merging together. There would not be one without the other, and I am grateful for both.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for you continued support and kindness that you have shown me. I appreciate each and every one of you. I promise to try my best to keep creating stories worthy of your loyalty and readership. Books worth reading. I do this because of you and for you, so thank you again!


Where can people connect with you?

You can connect with me on:
Facebook:
Instagram:
Twitter: 
Goodreads:
Wattpad: 
Amazon:
Via Website: 
Via Email: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown