Lucy McLaren interviews S.J. Krandall

 A third author interview in two days–I’m on a roll.

Over to S. J., the next author we’ll be meeting!

Hello! So, first of all – tell me a little bit about yourself!

Hi! I am S. J. Krandall. I was raised in NJ where I still reside with my husband and two sons. I am a former teacher. I had the privilege to teach many amazing kids with varying abilities until I chose to stay home and raise my own amazing children and enjoy other interests.

What’s the name of your book? Can you give a brief outline of the plot (spoiler-free, of course)?

Fear Farm No Trespassers

Within one year, reports of several missing people took over the media. The victims, all had ventured to parts of the deep wooded countryside never to return. The lack of any evidence baffled the minds of the people involved as they continued to search for answers. Among them, a young woman so obsessed with these stories in her past that her own nightmares become a reality as she stumbles upon unspeakable horrors playing out before her very own eyes.

Sounds intriguing! Where can we get our hands on it?

Fear Farm No Trespassers is available now. You can purchase it in paperback or on Kindle.

Why do you write in your chosen genre? What’s your favourite thing about it?

I love Horror. I grew up watching 80’s horror movies and have such fond memories. I used to get such a kick out of feeling scared and I often came up with my own spooky stories. My favorite thing about it is how it can make your imagination run wild.

What got you into writing? What do you enjoy most about it?

I have always enjoyed the arts especially photography, drawing and writing. When I was younger I wrote poetry and I continue to draw and take photographs. Many of my photos can be seen thoughout my books and webpages. I enjoy the creative process the most. I like the beginning stages of drafting it all out and seeing it pour onto paper.

What’s your go-to music for a writing session?

Believe it or not, I need silence. I love music and listen to it throughout my day but not when I am writing.

Where do you find inspiration for your stories?

I find inspiration for my stories in the world around me. I learned that photography and nature enable my creative writing. I often find myself jotting down ideas and stories while on long drives or walks. Even some real life experieces have played a part in inspiring ideas.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

Most of my time is spent with my family when I am not writing. We are very close and I have two wonderfuls sons and two dogs that keep me quite busy. We love to travel and take adventures together. I do continue to create when I am not writing and can often be seen with a camera in hand.

What’s your favourite book from childhood? Has it influenced you as a writer?

My favorite book as a young child was The Velveteen Rabbit. I was not a big reader when I was young. In fact, I was a bit older when I really began to enjoy it. I started off by reading books by Stephen King. His books along with other amazing authors influenced me a lot.

Where can we learn more about you and your books?

You can learn about my book and other upcoming news by visiting my website or following me on social media.
https://sjkrandallbooks.com/fear-farm-series

Thank you for your time! ☺


Please do follow both Lucy McLaren @lucyamclaren and S.J. Krendall @sjkrandall1


Also please do check out more of Lucy McLaren's blog at - https://lucyamclarenauthor.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview