Lucy McLaren interviews Erik Meyers

My next author interview is with Erik Meyers. Over to you, Erik!

Hello! So, first of all – tell me a little bit about yourself!

Originally from Connecticut in the U.S., I’ve been living in Europe for over 20 years, mainly in Germany. Currently, I live in southern Germany on beautiful Lake Constance, not too far from Austria and Switzerland.

What’s the name of your book? Can you give a brief outline of the plot (spoiler-free, of course)?  

My novel is “Caged Time,” a mix of genres: Jewish, LGBTQ, and historical fiction. It is a fictionalized account of a sad family story about being gay and Jewish in 1930s New York. David, the main character, tries to cope with being himself, in a society that isn’t really welcoming. There’s always a bit of hope in there somewhere.

That’s great–Caged Time sounds like it explores some very challenging issues, which can be (I think) extremely valuable for readers. Where can we get our hands on it?

Caged Time was published in February 2021 and is available on Amazon and other online bookstores. But you can also order it from your local bookseller.

Why do you write in your chosen genre? What’s your favourite thing about it?

This is probably a one-off in terms of genres. I read, and write, a variety. The most important thing is to tell a good story. At the moment, for example, I’m working on a cozy crime series. And I’ve also self-published a business book.

What got you into writing? What do you enjoy most about it?

I’ve loved writing, and reading, since childhood. And I love language and languages. The most exciting thing is telling a tale, creating a world of characters that will take people away to another place.

What’s your go-to music for a writing session?

While writing, I rarely have music playing. If I do, it will be something classical.

Where do you find inspiration for your stories?

Probably everywhere. Often an idea for a short story or the next novel will pop into my head at 3 am.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

I love to be outdoors and do a lot of hiking and biking. The area where I live offers wonderful trails, which is perfect. I also love reading a wide variety of books from fiction to non-fiction across many genres.

What’s your favourite book from childhood? Has it influenced you as a writer?

My favourite book from childhood is “The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins” by Dr. Seuss. I wouldn’t say it has influenced me as a writer, but I just loved that book and I still have my childhood copy.

Where can we learn more about you and your books?

If you are interested in more on me and my writing, definitely check out my author website.

Thank you for your time! 🙂 



Please do follow both Lucy McLaren @lucyamclaren and Erik Meyers @AuthorErikMey


Also please do check out more of Lucy McLaren's blog at - https://lucyamclarenauthor.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview