LaRita Dixon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

LaRita Dixon is a self-taught artist and biochemistry student living in Pensacola Florida. She owns The Lady and Pearl, which is an online soap making company, with her mother. She is known for her colorful pieces of artwork and the unique way she makes her soap look like desserts. Her art has been featured in a few different art shows in the south. She loves crocheting, reading, writing webtoons and poetry in her spare time. As well as volunteering her time to different organizations in her community. Little Bird is her first novel.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was young, reading was an escape from reality that I needed at the time. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never really thought about becoming an author until a friend read something I wrote and suggested I get it published.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process is quite tedious but I’ve found it enjoyable. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write what you love and not what you think other people will like and be patient. The process is long and hard at times. Keep going and don’t give up on yourself.



Tell us about your book/books:

I only have one published novel to date called Little Bird. It’s about a girls life before and after fleeing Syria. It’s about trauma, love and acceptance. Just when she begins to lose hope in ever being happy again, she gets taken in by a nice woman that shows her what love is. 

                                                     

                                                     


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I find that everyone that I meet is so open and helpful. Especially on Twitter. I’ve met so many nice people and discovered so many indie titles. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my stories. Without you, I’d just be some weirdo with a caffeine addiction writing in a notebook while talking to myself. 


Where can people connect with you?

I am on most platforms. Just search LaRita Dixon, LaRita JaNae Dixon or LaRita JaNae Reads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown