L. Krauch interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Elementary School. My choice of reward for good grades was always a book. I spent many years in Barnes and Noble. And oh so much money. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Back in Highschool I wanted to be a comic book artist. My skills were lacking in certain places but I knew I could tell one hell of a story. Years passed and I grew older. Got married. Had kids. Ya know, adult stuff. Eventually I decided to do something for me and finally sat down and wrote my first draft. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Complicated. I am not the best with grammar. So I worried that my words wouldn't come across how I wanted them too. It took a lot for me to decide to publish. At first I didn't want to and just wanted a physical copy for myself. But my husband convinced me to publish it wide and sell my work. So here I am, an author. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never stop believing. It can happen. Even years from now. It took me 20+ years to become one. It can happen to anyone. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Well, isn't this a loaded question? Well, my first novel is The 13th Zodiac. I wrote it as a comic book way back in 2000. It had no plot. 
But it had good bones. 
I took what I had and the characters I loved and crafted it into a sprawling Epic Fantasy world. Sometimes I promote it as Final Fantasy, mostly because it has so much in common with the series. 
Here is the blurb for those interested: 
The 13th Zodiac: Book One
Running from his past finally catches up to Jase Raion, an ex-member of the Ashen Guard and the Crown Prince of Chall. After settling on the island of Aria, he receives an unexpected contract: The lost princess of Aria was discovered living in the port town of Brighton, on the outskirts of the island Kingdom.
A trip to the markets in Brighton ends abruptly as Liya Fairaway stumbles into Jase. She vanishes in the busy marketplace when Jase realizes who she is, the lost princess of Aria and the bearer of the 13th Zodiac: Eternity. And his target.
Something ancient pulls them together, a bond that neither can deny. Reluctantly at first, Jase joins Liya and the other Zodiac to end the threat of Soren Raion, the King of Chall.
Time is not on their side, and Fate has other plans.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

They are very supportive. Very rarely is there an argument over things. And there are always two sides to every argument. But most people here will have your back. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

The story I tell you on Twitter about a certain someone's backstory—may or may not be a lie. 


Where can people connect with you?

I'm mostly on Twitter @the13thZ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview