K A White interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a middle-aged man who dabbles in a little writing. I have two books currently on amazon, a third which will soon be free on my website, and a fourth in the editing process. I love stories, and most genres - although I feel romance is beyond me (in the literary sense only). I have a lovely wife, a cat – fast forward to early-ish retirement. Now I write books.


When did your love of books begin?

As a small child, I struggled with reading. In those days, back when Jurassic Park was every-day-life, they had a simple remedy. Throw as many books as possible at me, and see how many stick. It worked, and I advanced quite quickly. A little acting at school and a huge love of movies and storytelling were then in my blood.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Writing is something that I have only recently come to. That being said, I have made numerous attempts over the years, mostly thwarted by life getting in the way. I am fortunate that I now have the time to pursue my creative side to see if there is anything worth sharing. Whatever the result, I am enjoying the journey so if just one person enjoys whatever story I choose to tell it has been worth it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The writing is the easiest part. Attempting to gain a foothold with an agency or a publisher, is another matter. So, I have self-published through Amazon, which is a comparatively easy process. Then it becomes a minefield. Do I advertise? How/where do I advertise? How will people find my book? And, another million questions. At the end of the day, it is bespoke to the individual author, depending on why you write. I treat it as a pastime that could blossom into something else. If you want it to be a career, then marketing is something you need professional advice on.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it. Write the book you want to write before you worry about what others like. If your only purpose is to make money, then I have little advice. There are lots of formulaic book series, including ones by extremely successful authors, and good luck to those who want that.


Tell us about your book/books:

Genres mean little to me. I just like a good tale.


The Founders is my first book.

It was an idea I had, set around a factual event where a Roman Legion disappeared, somewhere in the north of Britain. After seeing a documentary, I fashioned a story in my head of how they could have met their fate. It turned into a fantasy/adventure where a modern history professor discovers the truth and becomes the key to saving them.

Nurture is my second.

A dark Thriller. This works on a premise where Jack the Ripper was part of an evil conspiracy that began thirty years before the events in London. Every thirty years there are a group of murders. Every thirty years a child is recruited and conditioned. Now after 150 years a young writer discovers this and is pitted against the latest incarnation.

The Exodus Sect is my third and takes the MCs from the above two stories, at an earlier time in their lives, and thrusts them into an adventure. A religious sect is after a precious artefact, and is willing to kill for it. (Soon to be available FREE on my website)


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The reading community is extremely helpful and willing to share valuable knowledge across all platforms. There are groups that will point a newbie towards wherever they need to be. Remember to seek out a variety, to get a fuller picture.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Just enjoy the books for what they are. They are meant to be a break from reality, and nothing more. If you enjoy them, then I am pleased. If not, then move on and find something that suits you.


Where can people connect with you?

www.kawbooks.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview