J. Denison Reed interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I have been fascinated by writing for as long as I can remember. When I was in school, I remember thinking of rhymes and scrambling to write down short poems before I forgot them. I think my love for actual books has grown as I have gotten older. Over the last 5 years, I have been expanding my home library and searching out unique books or classics. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started out by writing poetry. I think most writers start that way. I attempted several times in my youth to write novels but didn't have the patience for it until I became an adult. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It took me a while to discover that you need patience to be an author. 
Having a process helps. During Covid lockdown, I wasn't going into an office for several months. I started using my spare "Commute" time to write my debut novel, Clifford's War. I actually started it a year and a half before but had little to no time to write. Now that I am back on site for my full-time job, I find that having a process is key. You must give yourself time. This goes with anything from working out, making crafts, writing, etc. If you love it, you need to make time for it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just keep writing. Set yourself writing goals, but be flexible. Once you're done with your first draft, that is when the real writing begins. You have to read, re-read, re-write, and make cuts and additions. This is the difference between authors and writers. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel: Clifford's War: The Bluegrass Battleground.Clifford Dee is a private investigator and Military veteran who was a POW. He decided to take a job from the local mafia which lands him in hot water after he refused to stop looking into a case. Now he has to escape the fury of the mafia, hitmen, and other real bad men to keep himself and his friends alive. 

Amazon - https://t.co/ZQZdgOU1ah
Barnes & Noble - https://t.co/eDBmScDF6P



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how fellow writers are excited to share their work as well as share the excitement of a good story they've read.  


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Word of mouth means much more than advertisements and promotions. If you read something (Not just my work) from an Indie Author, Please please please tell someone about the book. Online Reader reviews and word of mouth can really help an independent author succeed.  


Where can people connect with you?

Please visit my website: www.jdenisonreed.com I have my contact information there, all my social media links,  as well as a blog. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview