Ido Graf interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
                                        

A little introduction:

I was brought up in the UK and the Mediterranean. I have worked in Europe and North America in various sensitive fields. I worked at the Interpol headquarters for a short period. I have various skills including, scuba diver, mountaineer and skydiver.


When did your love of books begin?

I have no memory of 'not' being interested in books. My Mother is a great fan of theatre and my father loved books, history and poetry. I absorbed them all like a sponge. My Dad was an avid reader of thrillers and adventure stories and when he put a book down, then I would pick it up and read it. I have never lost my love of history and fiction.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I always admired writers such as Desmond Bagley, Alistair MacLean and Berkely Mather who could put pen to paper and then craft a world of their making. I remember many happy times engrossed in novels which completely captured my attention and which made me believe in a fictional world. I had been studying Thomas Hardy's 'The Mayor of Casterbridge', Evelyn Waugh's 'Decline and Fall' and Shakespeare's 'Othello' in my English Literature classes. I was completely captivated by the works and the skill of the authors. I can remember clearly a moment at that time when I was fifteen and when I suddenly came to the conclusion that one day I would be an author. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Slow! I have started several novels and though they are fully plotted out in my head, I never finished them. Work and life just got in the way or slowed things down. However, once I did write the first book it became easier.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Believe in yourself. Plot it out on paper or in your head. Write each day - even a few sentences. Like the grains of sand inevitably falling in an egg timer. you will eventually transfer the plot in your head to one on paper. Then put a cover on it!


Tell us about your book/books:

My books are predominantly political, espionage thrillers.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?


It is very supportive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for giving me a chance! I remember the many hours of writing and it gives me a great lift to sell all over the world. I often see the sales in Japan, India, America, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, the UK and many other countries and I feel thrilled to think that someone may be reading my book on a tropical beach, in the snows of Canada or on the Metro in France or on a nightshift. It is a great privilege to have readers who like what you wrote.


Where can people connect with you?

Bookbub, Goodreads, Twitter and www.idograf.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview