Heather Robinson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm a country girl who works on a farm in Wiltshire, UK. My academic background includes a Bachelor of Science degree, so, naturally, my novels are historical fiction...I like to challenge myself! I'm also a qualified radio presenter and host a weekly show for Warminster Community Radio. I have two boys and a husband who I share a passion with for live music, hiking and motorcycling.


When did your love of books begin?

In my childhood, snuggled up in a dressing gown next to an open fire after bathtime on a Sunday, that was my reading time.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Not until I reached my early forties, and I blame author extraordinaire, Simon Scarrow for taking his time in releasing another book in his Roman Eagle series! I'd long been in love with his characters, Cato and Macro and decided to create my own legionaries to love whilst Mr Scarrow was working on a different series. This coincided with a family trip to Hardian's Wall and my first novel, Wall of Stone was born.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It's challenging, frustrating, absorbing, give it a go. If you keep this quote in mind, "the first draft doesn't have to be perfect, but it does have to be written," it will help you get to the end.


Tell us about your book/books:

Wall of Stone is set on the northern frontier of Britannia in the reign of Hadrian just before his famous barrier is built. Conflict is brewing but that doesn't stop hearts from colliding as the lives of the Romans from the Twentieth Legion begin to intertwine with those of a local Brigante family, and when peace is fragile, friendships count for everything.
mybook.to/WallofStone
 
Juno's Peacock begins with escaped slave girl, Decima fleeing the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD79. She has quite a story to tell that takes you to Puteoli and Roma, but can she keep her shameful past hidden in the ashes that cover Pompeii, or will her lies unravel?
mybook.to/JunosPeacock
 
I also have two small non-fiction books published. One is a fun quiz-cum-travel-guide to ten destinations in Wiltshire, the other a photo record of my walk along the beautiful Stour Valley Way with potted histories of the area included.
mybook.to/CelebratingWiltshire
mybook.to/StourValleyWay


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The kindness, the support and the talent within it.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for choosing to read my books. There are millions out there and you've picked mine, wow!


Where can people connect with you?

I'm tweet about my books and those by other authors on Twitter @HevRob1 or you can message me via my website www.hevgraham.wixsite.com/books or look me up on Facebook under Heather Robinson 908579.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown