Ginnine Josete interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Ginnine and I'm a 54 year old mom of 3 grown children and 9 grandchildren.  I live on a one acre homestead with my husband who is the absolute love of my life.  We grow our own food and raise chickens for eggs and meat.  I'm a green card carrying Canadian living in the United States due to my husband's employment.  Having said that, we have made a home here that we love despite the fact that we're so far removed from our family by geography.  I spent the better part of my life working with children in daycare and as a behavior therapist for children with Autism.  Those were dreams that I always had and I am proud to have lived them.  I suffer from CPTSD and have often used my writing as a coping mechanism with this mental health issue.


When did your love of books begin?

I don't ever remember a time when I wasn't reading books to myself or to others.  I read to my children every day when they were growing up and to my 4 younger siblings.  Even as teenagers my children loved to sit in the living room, often with friends, and I would read aloud to them.  I cannot fall asleep at night without reading at least one page it is so ingrained into me.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always wanted to be an author.  My writing has changed over the years.  When my children were young I wrote stories for them.  I am happy to say I am now working on a book for my grandchildren that I plan to have out in the next few months.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

For me the process of becoming an author is related to my struggle to feel the confidence to just go for it on my own terms.  I have always been an introvert and had trouble believing in myself.  I think in the last ten years that feeling has changed a lot.  I know now that the most important thing about writing is to have someone read my words, otherwise what is the point?  The most frustrating part for me is trying to figure out the marketing.  I'm not tech savvy at all and it's a steep learning curve for me to catch up to the younger generation.  I made a lot of goofy videos on TikTok before I found my groove on Twitter where I feel supported by other writers and readers.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be true to yourself and tell your stories in your own way.  The editing can come later.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book Songs of Paradise is a steamy fantasy adventure story about destiny and true love and finding your way in the world.  It was my first completed novel and I'm proud of it for that reason but I know it could be better.  There are two sequels to it that I have in the works and hope to get out by the end of the year.
My second book is called Concealed Wounds.  I feel this is my most important work to date as it was part of a healing process for me personally and I feel the message is so important.  It is a fictional account that follows the lives of several women who are dealing with domestic violence and finding their way through it.
My third book, A Story of Love is a love story set in the time of a pandemic.  It's just a love story, simple as that.  I don't want to ruin it by saying more.
My most recent book, Living With Chickens, is a laugh out loud story about a widow named Gladys who is trying to maneuver through the world of technology on her own.  She's a busybody who spies on her neighbors to avoid dealing with her own life.  She confides in her pet rooster and is completely exasperating but you end up loving her in the end.  There will be more books about Gladys.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the eclectic nature of the community.  There is always a book out there that will appeal to someone.  I love that reading opens discussions and gets people to think about things in a different way.  Without any real consequences you can walk in someone else's footsteps and feel things you might never feel otherwise.  You can travel to places known and unknown and get lost in other worlds.  I think there can be so much support in this type of community and most people embrace that.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for the privilege of allowing my words to be heard.


Where can people connect with you?

Ginninejosete.com, twitter, amazon, facebook or email me ginninejosete@outlook.com  Be careful with the spelling of my name though or you won't find me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview