Francis O’Keefe interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was delighted to be approached to discuss my work by @feed_my_reads. I have not published my work for very long but have always been an avid reader and writer. I am currently writing my sixth and seventh books. The other five can be found here   Francis O'Keefe, New Young Adult and Adult Writer (francisokeefe.com); alternatively, you can follow my Twitter account @SnapeyWapey for further information and links.


When did your love of books begin?

 I'm fortunate that my past, including education and work, has given me a strong base for my books. I studied art, design and graphics and became a graphic designer. After this, I became a personal assistant to the principal of an art school, a librarian, and later I studied and became a cardiac, oncology and ITU nurse. All of which I have found helpful in storytelling and marketing.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Due to poor health and disability, I had to retire. At such a young age, this had a detrimental effect on my mental health. I began to write again for publishing in 2020. I found it cathartic towards my condition, even though the process of publishing can be taxing. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To anyone who wishes to embark on the publishing journey, I would ask them to remember why it means so much. They should not lose sight of why it is essential to them. They should try to find a good solid writing/reading community that will help them build upon their skills and provide support. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I am known among my readers for the many twists and turns my books take and the voyage you travel whilst reading them. I have written in many genres, mainly literary fiction and thrillers, gothic, romance and medical. My WIP is urban fantasy. I enjoy working outside of my comfort zone to test my talent. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Like every writer, I would love others to read my books and feel the same joy they gave me whilst writing them, and I hope to see them grace a store shelf one day. For now, I relish knowing that they are enjoyed by those that read them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview