Dan Kopcow interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As far back as I can remember.  Since my family moved from Argentina and spoke spanish at home, and I was born here, my love of the English language went hand-in-hand with learning to navigate the world.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In college.  I've always loved theater and film but those are far more collaborative arts.  Since I'm an environmental engineer by day, I found that writing allows me to pursue creativity in a way that works for me.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found that it is like any craft - you need to just do it over and over again until you find your voice and rhythm.  I write many short stories, screenplays, and novels, and studied hundreds of others' works, before I felt confident enough to send out my work to the world.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Keep writing.  It's easy to research, take classes, and get distracted but nothing is going to make you a better writer than writing constantly.  At a certain point, with enough practice, you find what works for you.  And there is nothing like the feeling of finishing a piece.  


Tell us about your book/books:

My sci-fi noir novel, "Prior Futures" just came out on December 16, 2021 and is published by Black Rose Writing.  A brief summary: In the dystopian future where the rich have turned two dimensional and gobbled up the world’s resources, leaving the enslaved poor to remain three dimensional, can a disgraced detective help his rebellious daughter save the world?  

I also have a fiction short story collection called "Worst. Date. Ever." about romantic dates gone horribly awry.  It was published by Regal House Publishing in March 2020.

Both books are available everywhere books are sold.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It's incredibly supportive.  Writing is a lonely business so it's wonderful to hear from other writers and know that they're going through it just like you.  And readers seem to have a knack for being able to share their joy with others which I find fantastic.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Support your local independent bookstore and try a new writer out!


Where can people connect with you?

https://dankopcow.com/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown