Courtenay S. Gray - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

I am holding my dinner party at a library in Paris.


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?

I am holding the dinner party as a way of getting great minds in one room.


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

My five guests include; Barbara Genova, Jack Moody, Katy Naylor, Ben Riddle, and JoeHaward


What food are you serving?

For the starter, we will have a selection of bruschetta and pork belly squares. As for the main meal, we will be having prime wagyu steak, which I will have imported from Hyogo. To dress the steak, there will be a treacle soy syrup with Himalayan sea salt. My dessert will consist of the entire stock of the finest bakery in Paris. 


What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

Our cocktail for the evening will be the Sidecar from the Bar Hemingway. If we decide to switch to a mocktail, there will be a choice of either a Shirley Temple or a Coconut Creme Mocktini. 


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

There will be a private performance by an orchestra during the starters and mains. For the dessert portion, there will be an exclusive performance by the dancers from the Moulin Rouge.


You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

I have chosen The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde because the philosophical themes pertain to life, no matter the century. Humans are often preoccupied with beauty and staying youthful as we age. This would provide a meaty discussion for my guests. 


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

I am retiring to bed with the compiled journals of Sylvia Plath. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview