Casie Aufenthie interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I loved reading at a very early age. My parents read to me every night, so I associated it with an act of love.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was seven or so, my class was supposed to create a story to share at a nursing home for Christmas, and I came up with 'The Bad List Elf' about one of Santa's helpers that was very upset none of the presents were for him. The group who listened to me read it had these huge smiles and laughed at all the right spots, and I was addicted to connecting to people with words ever since.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Stressful. Exciting. Humbling. It definitely runs the gambit.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If it's your passion, talk to others who've walked that path before. Learn as much as you can. Never, ever give up.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Drift is a new adult scify-romance set in a dystopian future where the human race has split into three species. The mentally-evolved Illuminatos conquered the physically-evolved Corporis in the brutal Evolutionary War, and they now rule over the Corporis and Unevolved with violent oppression.
The story follows Samara, an Elite Corporis warrior who's lost everything: her family, her freedom, and her will to fight. When her master commands her to find the mysterious leader of the Resistance, Tristan, everything she thought she knew is challenged.  An Illuminatos who turned his back on a life of luxury to fight for those who can't fight for themselves, Tristan isn't at all what she expected. He becomes a light to guide her out of the dark, and their meeting will change the world ... but that may not be for the better.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love getting inspired by the work of others and how supportive the whole community is. I couldn't have done this without the encouragement of the friends I've made in this community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

THANK YOU!!!!!


Where can people connect with you?

Where can people connect with you? I'm on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview