Brian Herskowitz interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was four or five, I remember reading John Kennedy’s book “Profiles in Courage” and that began a life-long love of reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have and had been working as a screenwriter in film and TV for a very long time. When Covid struck and production shut down it seemed as if it was going to be a while before companies would be back up and running. I decided to use an unproduced original script as an outline. That was about eighteen months ago.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Screenwriting is all about what is seen and heard and you generally stay on the beam of the plot, but in novels, the writer has the luxury of exploring the feelings and thoughts of your main character, and you can follow a thread wherever it may lead.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read, read, read and read some more. Then write, write, and rewrite.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book was a screenwriting textbook titled “Process to Product” which takes a screenwriter from concept to completion. My novel, “Conceptus” is a mystery about Detective Laura Drummond. As a young girl, Laura barely survived a savage attack that left her in a coma. Twenty-four years later she investigates a serial killer that’s m.o. is eerily similar to the attack that almost took her life. Now, she has to face a dark past to catch the killer.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have been so thankful for the support and generosity of the novelists and writers I have met.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you enjoy reading seek out new and unknown writers. So many wonderful stories are yet to be told and if you enjoyed “Conceptus”, I hope you’ll enjoy the next book in the Laura Drummond mystery series.


Where can people connect with you?

I am on LinkedIn and I can be contacted through my website at www.BrianHerskowitz.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview