Book review - What Do You Mean I Can't Stay For Dinner? by Eric Johnson

Book - What Do You Mean I Can't Stay For Dinner?

Author - Eric Johnson

Rating -

Review:

This book sees a Russian pilot as he goes on a mission from a US aircraft carrier alongside an American colleague flying the mission as the second plane in the party.  The story sees the build-up to the mission, the mission itself and the return to base following the completion of the mission.  Eric Johnson puts a lot of effort into the dialogue between characters and so this means that a large amount of the story is dialogue based and for many people this would result in too little action but for me the fact it is so dialogue driven means it stands out as something different from the crowd.  The dialogue has a feel to it that some may say is simplistic but when you consider that the pilot in question is Russian this would make sense to me and so works.  Why is it not a star?  I think that the descriptiveness could be expanded on in some places to give a feel to the reader of the fact things are happening at high speeds and this for me is that little bit missing that would lift things to the highest level for this style of book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown