Book review - Every Trick In The Book (The Magical Bookshop book 1) by Liz Hedgecock

Book - Every Trick In The Book (The Magical Bookshop book 1)

Author - Liz Hedgecock

Rating -


Review:

This is my first experience of reading work by Liz Hedgecock and based on the back of this book I have ended up purchasing all of the other books in this series.  This book sees a young lady named Jemma James who finds herself having lost her job at a major company and having lost the great salary that came along with that job she must now look to find her next step in her career.  After coming across a bookshop at random and spotting that they are looking for someone to work for them she decides to take up a position within Burns Books working under the owner Raphael but will this be the next step she expected it to be?

This bookshop has much more to it than those bookshops we are used to but will Jemma be able to come through her trial period and make the store flourish or will there be just too much to overcome?

I found this book to be simply delightful and one that drew me in very quickly and I found myself not wanting to put the book down.  The way it is written helps to create a true atmosphere to the bookshop and the reader is able to visualise and feel what is going on during the story unfolding.  I really do recommend this one as being your first experience of the writing of Liz Hedgecock and I am confident it won't be your last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview