Amanda Denham interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, my name is Amanda Denham. I live in Birmingham, Alabama with my husband and two bunnies. I love reading and writing, but I'm also an artist! Usually I draw my characters obsessively, then I write stories about them. I'm an ambivert, hugely obsessed with Sailor Moon, and honestly is really bad at introductions like this, haha. :) 


When did your love of books begin?

I can't even remember. I know it was a very young age. In school, I'd always check books out of our library and read with any spare time I had in class. They were such a fun escape, and I was always fascinated by the stories that the authors weaved. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Only after I finished writing my first book, Sin Eater. When I was a teenager, I had a dream of becoming a comic writer and artist, but I let that slip away as I grew up. I still had so many ideas swirling in my head that I finally decided to actually finish one. Honestly, even when I was trying to find somewhere to publish it, I still didn't expect to come this far and be an actual author! 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. I found a passion and happiness in it that I never knew existed. I'm finally telling the stories that are within me, and it seems like people are connecting with them. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

You can do it! Seriously. I know it seems like such a huge task, but if I can do it, you can too. I barely knew anything when I first started writing Sin Eater. I never went to college, nor did I ever take writing classes (though if you can or want to, I bet it would be fun and also a huge help!). I thought nobody would care about the stories I wanted to tell, but there's an audience out there for everyone. If you put your heart into it and listen to critique (constructive, I mean), it can happen for you. Remember: everyone has a story worth telling! 


Tell us about your book/books:

I only have one published book so far, titled Sin Eater. It's about a girl named Jayde who discovers she has the ability to erase memories. Sadly, she found this out when she accidentally wiped her best friend's memories at the end of her senior year. After, she was blackmailed into starting a shady business with her newfound powers. The reader follows Jayde as this entity, the Sin Eater, in the present while learning more through her flashbacks. 
My next book, which is ready to be sent to agents/publishers, is called Seven Feathers. A group of friends finds an injured girl in the woods. When they discover she isn't human, it turns their weekend upside down. That's all I'll give on that one for now! ;) 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support and creativity. I can't believe how supportive everyone is right off the bat. They're cheerleaders and educators while sharing your content with their friends and followers out of pure kindness. Plus the books and stories I've seen come from this community is amazing. Such unique plots, things I've never heard of before or could even dream up! 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

THANK YOU! It means the world to me for anyone and everyone to read Sin Eater. It's a story close to my heart, and I hope it resonates with you as well. I absolutely love talking to anyone, so feel free to reach out! 


Where can people connect with you?

Here's all my socials. Feel free to follow me on my author journey and reach out if you ever want to talk or have any questions. 
Instagram: a.denham
Twitter: adenhamcreation
Tiktok: amandadenham7


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown