Vicky Ball - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

My dinner party is going to be held in the height of summer when it's so hot you don't to worry about getting cold. It will be at an outside restaurant by the sea in Italy.


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?

No special occasion just a gathering to celebrate our love of books and to get to know each other.


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

My first guest will be Renee Hughes.  She is a wonderful supporter of not only my book but lots of authors as well. She seems to have a great sense of humour and I'm sure she would be very entertaining.

My second guest will be Nicola Lowe.  I really enjoyed her debut romance novel and she seems like a genuinely lovely person.

My third would be B. Fox He wrote a great novel and he is full of great ideas and he would be interesting to get to know.

My fourth would be M.H. David because I loved his crime thriller novel and would love to find out more about how he wrote it.

My fifth would John St. Clair.  I loved his novel Stalin's Door. I also love history and it be fascinating to talk history with him.

I know I'm only supposed to have 5 but I really want two extras - Morton R. Leader because I love all his books and would like to meet the man behind the wacky ideas and K.M. Harding who wrote a fabulous thriller and I think she would love some time to escape from her little ones.


What food are you serving?

The food on offer would be Italian as we are in Italy. A buffet of different kinds of pasta dishes, some pizzas and tiramisu for dessert. Oh and of course the best garlic bread you've ever had.


What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

Anything champagne and prosecco based.


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

I would love to have some good 80s tunes - not sure it really fits the setting but never mind. 


You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

We're going to discuss Holly and the Nobodies by Ben Pienaar. I don't think it's that well known but I would love to know what others think about it. It's a horror about a teenage girl who is kept prisoner in this creepy house by a little girl. It has some gory bits but is very gripping and I really enjoyed it. I could see it as a film.


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

I'm retiring to bed with Nicola Lowe's new book To Kiss Again as I would like something light hearted to read before bed. Although as it will be the summer she may have written her third book by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview