Tonya Penrose interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began when the dreaded naptime came and my Mom said, "Pick a book for me to read to you." I detested naps but loved the stories.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was six years old, I wrote and illustrated my first book. Judging by my parent's expressions, I needed to focus on writing and not drawing. I did.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming an author has been more of a journey. When I returned to writing a number of years ago, I simply took the first step and waited for the next to be revealed. That step was to sit down and pen something without any expectations of where it would find a home. That freed the story to come. For me, it's all about that single step.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The want to write really needs to be a compelling desire that won't leave you alone. If that feeling is there, becoming an author is sure to follow.


Tell us about your book/books:

Currently, I have four books available.

The Shell Isle Mystery Series has two cozy mysteries. BAUBLES TO DIE FOR AND RED, WHITE, AND BOOM. The third book, NUMBERS CALL A MURDER is due out early 2022. Humor abounds along with twisty plots.

A SECRET GIFT is a light, fun, romance with a twist. There's an anonymous benefactor offering the main character to live her dream life, but there's a troubling hitch.

OLD MOUNTAIN CASSIE: THE THREE LESSONS is a multi-genre story that gifts life-changing secrets to the reader. It's the book that speaks to my heart. It's brought so many readers into my world who connected with Cassie and her teachings.

I'm super excited about the spring 2022 release of WELCOME TO CHARM.  Don't tell but this may be my favorite book to date.

Here's the tease my publisher is letting me share:  You won't find the enchanting mountain village of Charm on any map but don't tell botanist Abby Drake it doesn't exist.

I'm sharing my covers to entice you to check out my books.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The interactions and sharing are wonderful. It's an amazing group of authors from all over the world. The community is rich in support. Friendships have been unexpected treasures for me. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you love my books, tell three friends. Most of all, thank you for accompanying me on this writing journey. I write to bring you smiles and sighs and more...to discover.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter @tonyawrites
Please consider this my personal invitation to visit my website. www.tonyawrites.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview