Queeny Yalangi interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi readers, this is Queeny Yalangi, author of "Life in Hyderabad a city of tales" book. I'm from Hyderabad, India. I’m also a blogger, abstract painter, singer, podcast speaker, and chef. Currently, I'm working for an MNC. I'm an MBA graduate but my love for the English language made me an author.


When did your love of books begin?

I was always fascinated with the bedtime stories my mom and grandparents used to tell me since I was young. Without listening to stories I would never go to sleep. My thirst for stories increased along with my age. So I asked mom where can I find more stories? She said “Books”. That’s when my interest in books developed and I started reading so many books and novels. My passion for reading grew more and I started reading more than 25 books a month. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Since I was very much into books. I have always been in love with the authors, their books, and the way they think. And one fine day in 2011 I wrote a two-page poem in 12 minutes when I was alone at home. That was the moment I realized that I was born to write. Then I never turned back. 



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When I began my journey towards writing world all I had was a dream. A dream to become an International best-selling author, a dream to sign books, a dream to inspire people across the globe. But the dream was not enough to become what I was desired. For that I had to groom myself. So I wrote everyday. First I wrote poems, then I wrote short stories, then I wrote quotes, then I wrote blogs, real stories etc. With each passing day, I learned various writing styles. At one point of time, I became an expert. That self-learning helped me a lot. So when I knew I was ready to write a book, I wrote my debut book “Life in Hyderabad a city of tales”. I used to mostly write after my office hours. Whatever the extra time I had I used that to write my book. I hardly used to sleep 4 hours a day. When finally I completed my book I met Fanatixx publication from India. When I met them I had only the manuscript with me. But they guided me through the whole process.  I traveled with the publishing team for a year and finally, my book was launched on February 07, 2021. I waited a decade to see that moment. And finally, when it happened I was filled with mixed emotions. In the pursuit of becoming an author, I learned so much about patience, people, and life. It was a great experience for me. Now, whenever I see my book and take it into my hands I feel proud.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would like to say one thing to aspiring writers. WRITE EVERY DAY. When you write daily you will move one step closer towards your dream. If you become an expert in writing, when someone gives you a word, you can write a sentence, when they give you a sentence you can write a paragraph, when they give you a paragraph you can write a whole story out of it. So pour the words on paper every day.



Tell us about your book/books:

Life in Hyderabad is a book of 21 Anecdotes, the stories of love, long, pain, and optimism. I believe that there are many stories in the world, but only a few are heard. So I wrote Life in Hyderabad book to introduce common people and their untold stories. Some people fall in love, some people live in love, some people dwell in that pain forever. Some stories have a happy ending while some remain without an ending. So my book Life in Hyderabad is the voice of all such stories. I also added a  few poems and my original minimalist Illustrations in this book at the beginning of each story. Every story is different from other. All these stories are born out of inspiration and observation. I observe people around me, I see their pain, I see their story. And whenever I feel like a story needs a voice, I write that story. So Life in Hyderabad book is all about such stories. Hope readers love it.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love writing and reading communities. I was a bookworm before I became an author. So I know about how welcoming readers are. They have supported me always. Whenever a reader orders my book on Amazon or any other website. They DM me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. And I feel very happy to be connected with them through social media. Now I’m part of the writing community and I love all the writers from Twitter. They motivate me, support me, guide me and they even purchase my book and write reviews from different countries. I love both communities and I would like to thank them for being there for me always.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would like to say thanks to all my readers for reading my book and writing wonderful reviews on Amazon, Instagram and Goodreads. I’m so happy to have found such lovely readers. Keep reading my book. Keep sharing it with your friends and family members. Those who have not read the book you can grab your copy from the below links :

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/9390726050

Life in Hyderabad eBook by Queeny Yalangi - 9798201021610 | Rakuten Kobo India

Life in Hyderabad by Queeny Yalangi | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

Life in Hyderabad Ebook au format ePub à télécharger - Queeny Yalangi (vivlio.com)

Life in Hyderabad by Queeny Yalangi - Ebook | Scribd


Where can people connect with you?

I’m everywhere on Social media. You can reach out to me on

Twitter handle: @YalangiQueeny

Instagram : @yalangiqueeny

Instagram page : @author_ queeny_yalangi

Blog : www.yalangiqueeny.blogspot.com

Spotify Podcast : https://open.spotify.com/episode/6PfZuGJTWyDmaogX7icZTa?si=xX3joeFpSR-WyrwhWCCghQ

Website : authorqueenyyalangi.com

Mail Id: yalangiqueeny@gmail.com

Link tree : linktr.ee/Queenyyalangi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview