Oneal Walters interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW



When did your love of books begin?

In grade 11; I wrote a prose called, Good Bye. My English teacher made me present it in class. I had an active imagination. After presenting Good Bye and seeing the reaction from the other students; I was immediately inspired to write more prose. I built up a collection of prose and then moved my focus to book creation.  


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It would have to be grade 11 English class. It would have to be during the golden age of hip hop. Standing here I saw talented people developing their craft and changing the world with their art. I was watching great story telling like Needful Things by Stephen King. I saw the opportunity to share great stories and pursued my creativity in an extreme way. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Simple. You have to enjoy writing; enjoy understanding your unique perspective and willing to share yourself with others. Being an author is fun. Being a marketer is difficult. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be ready to market your book yourself. Be ready to learn about social media platforms. Be ready to decide traditional publishing vs self publishing vs becoming a traditional publisher yourself. Be open to opportunities even if it's not your first choice. Also, trust those who have experience in getting you to where you want to go. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My book is called, The Empty Couple. A few have said; it's a one of its kind writing. The story is about a couple who is well of but sadly Michael who is boyfriend to the main character, Ruth, becomes unemployed. This creates tension in the home. Ruth and Michael live together but are not married. Michael becomes very abusive and now we read to see whether Ruth will escape a life of violence. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thanks for supporting, The Empty Couple. It a "taboo" subject for some but my readers know that it's an important story to tell so that those who are in a similar situation can seek help. In April my book was ranked #1 on Amazon. Also, thanks for following me on Instagram and Twitter. On Twitter I have 5000+ followers. I would also say to my readers; watch out for my next book. I have a brilliant story to share with you. 


Where can people connect with you?

@Iamonealwalters Instagram
@onealwalters Twitter 
Oneal Walters on Facebook


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview