Natalie Watson & Nina Holmes interview

  AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Natalie Watson and Nina Holmes are our pen names, like Watson & HolmesJ

We are two best frends, who coincidentally work in the same field – Film and Television. We are actually two minds alike when it comes to movies, books, TV, Fashion, and everything else. At one point, we decided to team up and write our first Romantic Comedy, which is partially based on our own life situations and experiences.  

#Rejected Goddesses is our debut Rom Com & Chick Lit Holiday novella.


When did your love of books begin?  

Natalie Watson: The moment I learned to read, I fell in love with the world of storytelling. Books became my best friends. I could never go to bed without reading something, the habit that is still there with me.

Nina Holmes: Probably in my childhood. It was one of the most pleasurable experiences I can remember. I could spend hours with my head in books without even noticing how time flew by.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?  

Natalie Watson: I have always been writing stories in my head first, and then, transferred it onto a paper. But it was in the second grade that I actually wished to become a writer and penned my first short story that won me a writing contest in school. Over time, I developed a habit of telling my stories to my friends and family members, pretending they were written by someone else in order to see if they actually liked them. 

Nina Homes: From what I remember, I have always invented stories. Sometimes I wrote them down, but there are many still in my head. On a deeper level, I always knew I would eventually write and that I would want it to be my full-time career. I think you realize that you want to become an author when there's a story you want to tell.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?  

Natalie Watson: It’s a difficult and daunting process to get into the market. It’s not an easy journey, but oh, so pleasurable and joy filled! The rewards you will be getting in the long run are amazing.

Nina Holmes: I find the process both nerve-wracking and gratifying, scary and joyous. It resembles living in a different, mysterious world where nothing seems tangible, and where you're on a constant learning curve.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?  

Natalie Watson: Don’t let anything deter you. If you have a story to tell, get it out there! Like now!

Nina Holmes: Don't be scared, and don't let the fear hold you back and rule you. Go, write! It's all worth the worry!


Tell us about your book/books:   

We would like to believe #Rejected Goddesses is a funny and heartwarming short romantic comedy, exploring female friendships, family ties, and dreams that come true in most unexpected ways. In short, unputdownable.  We had so much fun writing it via MESSENGER during this pandemic. Unbelievable, isn’t it? We laughed out loud at our characters and their antics. We hope the readers will feel the fun and joy that we have had writing it, and hopefully, they will enjoy our little book.

https://www.amazon.com/Rejected-Goddesses-Nina-Holmes-ebook/dp/B09KNLVX74/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=%23Rejected+Goddesses&qid=1636575511&sr=8-1


What do you love about the writing/reading community?  

We adore the writing and reading community as we are all both – writers and readers. There are so many authors, bloggers, reviewers, and readers eager to help with advice, and cheer you up on your writing journey; people you don’t know and never met helping you with the exposure.

There are so many great books out there and not enough time to read them all. We wish we could.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?  

We are thrilled  and happy, and a little anxious to share our book with you!


Where can people connect with you?  

The readers can find us on Twitter as @RejectedGoddes2

Goodreads @Natalie Watson and @Nina Holmes

Instagram - @rejectedgoddesses22

Facebook - @Natalie Watson Nina Holmes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview