My Publication Day - Ruth Tunnicliffe

Book Name:  To Love Honour and Betray

Author : Ruth Tunnicliffe

Release Date : 11 November 2021 (launch 1) 

I was all consumed by the prospect of my book actually being published and launched to the world!  I could not sleep, when I did I was dreaming about it.  I was constantly thinking about what I was going to say, second guessing the questions I may be asked, rehearsing answers to imaginary questions I may be asked.  Panicking constantly about whether the Eventbrite link would work (it failed miserably on the day so nobody from the book industry could join the call - nightmare).  The day before the launch I had a wobble.  I started second guessing my book, whether it would be good enough, whether it would flop, and most of all whether people would not be interested in my story or giving me the chance to help and inspire other people. On the day of the launch I was nervous, excited and proud of myself.  When it came to the time, I became calm, I knew there was nothing more I could do, I just had to go with it and enjoy it.  I did.  It went really well despite the technical glitches.  After the launch some friends came to the house to celebrate.  I drank copious amounts of prosecco and gave myself a huge pat on the back.  I had done it - my book was now out there and unleashed to the world.  Amazing.

Because of the technical faults on the 11th November, we are having an Evening with Ruth Tunnicliffe on 1 December where hopefully all the people who were invited to the first launch will be able to join me.  I am looking forward to it and will have my hard copy of my book in my hand.  All being well.  The links to this event will be shared soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview