MK Schultz interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Thank you for welcoming me into the Feed My Reads community. To introduce myself, here's my author bio.
MK Schultz is the Canadian author of The Kassius Kanex trilogy. A father of two young adults, he lives in a wooded area in the outskirts of Ottawa. He and his wife are avid outdoor enthusiasts in all seasons. Although formally educated in Architecture, his true passion is writing. Schultz is currently writing a new, stand-alone novel in a different genre. 


When did your love of books begin?

I remember enjoying reading a series of books about a dog in grade two called, "Mr. Mugs". My earliest realization of the power of words was in kindergarten circle time when I was introduced to nursery rhymes. I also remember strong feelings of interest during the telling of fables in my early school years.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In hindsight, there were many signs in my life that would eventually direct my path to becoming an author. My inspiration for writing Kassius Kanex began as an escape for myself. I was in a bit of a rut and felt unsatisfied at the time with my job. Much like Kassius, a change needed to happen and so I began to write that change through Kassius and together, we found our passion. It really is quite astounding when I think about it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It is the most incredible journey I have ever been on. I have only been a serious author for about five years now, but it has already given me so much. I look forward to continuing my journey and discovering where it will take me.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I think being an author chooses you, not the other way around. That's how it happened for me. I believe you just have to listen to your inner voice and passion and it will point you to where you need to go.


Tell us about your book/books:

Sure. Here is a summary of Books 1, 2 and 3 of The Kassius Kanex Trilogy.

Kassius Kanex - A Novel
Kassius Kanex loves his home and family but hates his job and wants to quit. A chance meeting with strange men looking for directions inspires a change in Kass. He is led down a new path that not only rescues him from his perceived career imprisonment, but also leads to the fulfilment of his destiny.
When his family becomes endangered by his new life, Kass's full identity is revealed. His truth previously exited dormant inside of him, but Kass is now awakened. Following a visit to three doors of mystery, his true essence is discovered and a choice is made.
Danger and suspense build as more truths come to light, and Kass wonders if things will turn out better or worse. He still hides one secret, though, and its admission will change everything.




The Fishing Trip - Kassius Kanex, Book 2
Five fishermen—Max, Sherman, Calvin, Will, and John—set out on their thirteenth annual fishing trip together with no idea that their lives are about to be altered forever. Though each of them has his difficulties, they all look forward to camping together and are ready to have a fantastic time.
This year, however, something strange happens during their trip. On one of the islands close to where they choose to camp, they find an altar that holds a map and GPS coordinates. That discovery sets off a chain of events bringing them to the attention of an evil cult, whose members want to use the five men for their own purposes.
After the trip, a strange new fate visits them one by one. Only with the help of a mysterious time traveller—Kassius Kanex—will the men be able to overcome trials of great suffering and despair and ultimately meet their destiny.

                                                    
                                                    

Equilibrium - Kassius Kanex, Book 3
Experience Kassius Kanex like never before in the epic conclusion.
In anticipation of the arrival of an evil that could rob Kassius Kanex of his power, he must go off-grid, in search of the only hope there is to defeat it.
With the help of his larger-than-life, best friend Rock, the engineers, his faithful pod keepers, a secret-keeping crow and a time-travel-enabling octopus, Kassius Kanex must expand his organization to levels even he did not dream to be possible.
Can the world survive the evil long enough for Kassius to find the only thing powerful enough to stop it? The whole of humanity depends on one thing: EQUILIBRIUM. 

                                                        
                                                           


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing/reading community on Twitter and Instagram is amazing. I am grateful to be part of it and I really appreciate how positive it is. I have made friends and I always enjoy interacting with other writers and readers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would thank them for reading my books and for being a part of my journey. I know there are more readers out there that have not found my books among the ocean of books out there. Leaving ratings and reviews on amazon and goodreads is super appreciated. My books are available at Amazon in softcover and e-Book formats. Book one is available in audiobook format. More audiobooks will follow. Learn more at https://www.mkschultz.com
I always tell readers to buckle up before reading my books.


Where can people connect with you?

People can connect with me on my website, email, Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads. Here are some links.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview