Melvin K. Joyce interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

It began when I was very young. I seemed to struggle during school and making friends, I felt like an outsider. The only time I didn't feel like that is when i read my books, so i've been in love with them ever since!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I always had it in my head but never believed I would be good enough due to a lack of confidence. It as only in the last 6-12 months, having come out the other side of mental health battles that I have put the head down and tried to make this work no matter how hard it is!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Difficult. Not from the side of putting pen to paper, but on the side believing in myself and my work.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

DO IT! Don't doubt yourself. You will meet a thousand critics in this game so don't make yourself critic number one thousand and one!


Tell us about your book/books:

It's a nice story about a little guy who's lost his dad. He needs to mind his mum as she's grieving but through no fault of his own he gets dragged into absolute mayhem, due to a mad scientist in his town. He has to try save his town, while keeping his mum in the dark of the scary adventures he is going on, hence the need for the "secret superpowers".


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

My favourite part about the reading community is how accepting everyone is. I've never ever had a bad personal experience in this space. Its my safe place.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Any body who is willing to read my book, i would like to personally thank them, they are making the little boy inside me the happiest kid on the block!!


Where can people connect with you?

I only use twitter, @MelvinKJoyce , as I find all other platforms are more concerned on everything other than your content.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview