Meet the community - Vicky Ball


A little introduction:


I am a teacher from Essex. Originally, I taught Religious Education but have recently started teaching English which I am loving. It is great to share my love of books and creative writing with young people. I, fortunately, work part-time which allows me more time for writing and reading. I am married to David and have two teenage daughters, Hannah and Megan. They are very supportive of me and have been so helpful in the process of becoming an author.  


What made you fall in love with books?

I love being transported to new places and learning about new people and different historical eras. Books are a great form of escapism and a great way of relaxing. 


Which genres do you prefer to read?

I love thrillers, especially crime thrillers but I enjoy all kinds of genres. Historical fiction is a good way to learn about history in an interesting way. I think it's good to challenge yourself and read other genres you wouldn't normally read.


What are your favourite books you've read so far and why? 

I love so many books, it's hard to choose but here are some that stood out for me:
Paper Castles by B Fox is a hugely relatable novel which wrenches at your emotions.
Holly And The nobodies by Ben Pienaar is a great horror book. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It was so vivid it was like a film.
History is a lie by Morton L Leader is a whacky look at history. I love his style of writing, so easy to read.
Stalin's Door by John St Clair is one of my new favourites. Amazing historical fiction that was completely engrossing and set the scene so beautifully. 


What characters have you most loved in the books you've read to date and why?

In Stalin's Door, I really like Lera because she is so strong and determined. 


What made you decide to become a part of our little book based community?

I love supporting other writers and reading about other authors. I also like seeing what others are reading. 


What do you love most about the book community?

I love what you are doing in supporting writers. There are so many supportive people on here. It feels like a big family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview