Meet the community - Kath

A little introduction:

Hi my names Kath, I'm a bookseller at Rossiter Books which is an independent family run bookshop with shops in Monmouth, Ross-on-Wye and Leominster. I have always loved reading so working in a bookshop is kinda the dream job!
I started talking about books on Instagram and Twitter as kathvbooks about three years ago and have met some wonderful people online. I love reading proofs and doing booktours, buddyreads and reading with my pals in my online bookclub #TsundukoSquad. When bookshops reopened after lockdown I started the #kathvbookshoptour over on Instagram visiting bookshops, buying books and promoting independent bookshops from all across the country.

You can connect with me at - 



Which genres do you prefer to read?

I've always been quite arty and love taking photos of my reads for Instagram. I'm quite open to reading different genres but my true love is definitely crime. I also like reading non fiction, biographies, travel writing and translated fiction. A classic favourite of mine is Pride and Prejudice but if you came into the shop I'd be pressing a copy of A Gentleman In Moscow by Amore Towles into your hand or Mudlarking by Lara Maiklem.



What are your favourite books you've read so far and why?

Three of my top ten reads from last year were Before The Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi, Invisible Women by Caroline Criado-Perez and The Survivors by Jane Harper. This year its going to be really tough to choose a top ten but one of my favourite reads this year has been The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.



What do you love most about the book community?

Reading has always been an escape for me, never more so than in the last 18 months and I love discovering new authors through social media and by chatting to people. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview