Marie K. Ricci interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

It began when I was only a child. My mother would read to me everyday, and from what my parents say, I would remember the books so well I would tell them when they made a mistake (when they were too tired to focus for example haha).


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started writing poems when I was 12, and had started writing a few stories before that, so I started saying I would become a writer then. But the wish got stronger during my last year of middle school, thanks to a teacher who was in love with my writing. She supported me a lot back then, it meant the world to me.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When one of my friend self-published her own book, it opened my eyes on how accessible this actually was. I made research online, and that's how I decided to self-publish as well.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it. No matter what other people say, it's never too late, or too early, and if it's something important to you, you have to go for it. You can do it.


Tell us about your book/books:

I published my first book, "Talking To The Moon" at the beginning of 2021. It is a collection of poems written through 2020, with topics such as grief, heartbreak, mental illness, and how to make it through it all. This book is an ode to healing, a message of hope, and love, for others and for ourselves. Our stories are all different, but the emotions we go through, it can resonate with others, and this is why I published these poems. So that people with a heart similar to mine can feel like they are not alone. Their feelings are valid, and there is comfort to be found. This volume is also the first one in the Purple Sky series, a poetry series which depicts life as it is : sometimes sad, sometimes happy, full of raw emotions and empty at the same time. The volume 2 is going to be published in 2022. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how supportive the community is. I've always written alone, in my own little corner of the world, and I didn't have any writer friend. Discovering the writing community has brought me such joy in this journey, and now I know that I'm not alone anymore. It is also a pleasure to be able to connect directly with the readers, and for now I've only had wonderful experiences, people have been very kind towards my little book, which makes me very happy.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Thank you so much for reading my book, and letting me know what you thought about it. Your words remind me everyday why I'm doing this, why I'm sharing this raw, rough part of me with the world. It used to scare me quite a lot, but now I'm just so thankful for your kind words, they make me smile (and cry haha).


Where can people connect with you?

I'm quite active on Twitter (@mariekricci) but you can also find me on Instagram (@purplesky_poetry) or through my website (mariekricci.com). I'm also available by email at the following address : mariekricci.pro@gmail.com !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview