Lesley Cordell - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

It’s Mid summers Eve and I will holding my dinner party in the Georgian open cart barn I have in my garden. It faces West so we will be able to watch the sun set.


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?
Mid summers eve


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

My first guest will be Devin Miles. Famed for his extravagant snail cartoons. It is not widely known but David is a visitor from another planet.  He has also written a rather good dystopian fantasy series NEWLANDS PROJECT. I believe he may have some insight on the subject.

My second guest will be C A Asbrey.  Invited for her investigative mind and attention to detail. Author of a crime series set in the Wild West. The Innocents. I liken her writing style to ‘Agatha Christie’ on speed! Her plots are so intense you feel as if you are stood  in the OK corral  smelling the gun the smoke. 

My third guest will be Daniel Cummings. Twitter poet of note with an amazing lexicon. Invited for his insight and his inscape. Also because I know nothing about him! But I think he might be rather good at after dinner scrabble.

My fourth guest will be Renee Hughes @ReneeMHughes As far I can tell she’s not selling anything but she is a terrific support to indie authors. Lovely lady and a Mom from Texas who may find a UK BBQ weirdly small!

My fifth guest will be John StClaire. I’ve yet to read his book Stalins Door. But I have bought it! Im a fully signed up member of “WOSD” (We opened Stalin’s Door)  intrigued to hear why he chose the subject and I want to know all about his research. I think he might be an all round nice type of guy. So why choose to write about Stalin? 



What food are you serving?

We will start the evening with champagne cocktails. Cold beers available as an alternative. Some spicy nibbles served in paper cones which look as if they are pages from old books. Will help the drink on it’s way.

Followed by Bar B Q. I think we will ask the guys to cook. Us girls can sit and chat.

My trifles are legendary. So I’m going to stick to what I know for dessert. 



What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

Champagne cocktails. Cold beers available as an alternative


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

Jack Savoretti @JackSavoretti playing in the background. His voice can give you tingles! The girls will love it and the guys will be cooking. 

After dinner………. Scrabble will be a must for all us authors. 



You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

Then let’s discuss Paper Castles a literary novel by B Fox. What makes it the perfect novel?

I like the game where you all write a characters name on a piece of paper. Then stick it on another’s forehead. So everyone can see who every one else is. But don’t know who they themselves are. You take it in turns to ask questions to try and discover who you are.

To close the evening with a great big dose of brilliant writing and humour we will discuss A Working Class State of Mind by Colin Burnett. Opening question “is this book better than Train Spotting?

Carriages at 10pm.


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

Off to bed with my current read Touching The Wire by Rebecca Bryn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview