Lamont Turner interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I've been reading as long as I can remember. If I enjoy something I tend to study it, hunting down the original book a film I liked was based on, reading biographies of the film makers, and even biographies of the people who wrote the biographies if I can find them.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've always been a story teller. I used to take long walks with my younger brother and tell him stories of mad killers and haunted graveyards. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I just sit down and start writing. I usually have a good idea of where I want to take the story after the first few paragraphs.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write as often as you can and expose yourself to new ideas. Don't just read fiction. Select books on unfamiliar  topics to broaden your outlook.


Tell us about your book/books:

Souls In A Blender, my first short story collection, was published by St. Rooster Books in 2021 and is available on Amazon and Godless Horrors. My stories appear regularly in anthologies and magazines such as Dark Dossier, Terror House, Mystery Magazine and Cosmic Horror Monthly.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The people are generally supportive of one another and passionate about their favorite works.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for reading my work. I promise there are more chills to come.


Where can people connect with you?

I can be found on Twitter @ LamontATurner1 and have a Facebook group called The Haunt of Lamont where everyone is welcome to check out my latest releases and plug their own horror, mystery and sci fi related work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview